Connection with the landscape
I have a deep affinity with the Mornington Peninsula and its landscapes, having lived in and photographed this beautiful region for the past 30 years
I have seen it grow and change over that time, the Mornington Peninsula offers a wide range of spectacular vistas. There is the ever-changing, moody beauty of our coastline, the rolling rural landscapes, jetties and piers of Port Philip Bay and Western Port, vineyards, pine forests, and native bush reserves.
For me landscape photography is an exploration of my personal connection with the landscape. It’s never about making pretty pictures, but responding to a moment or feeling: it could be the light or something about a scene triggering a childhood memory.
Also, the landscape evokes feelings of impermanence, or, if you like, perennial change. Out photographing nature gives me a sense of life’s bigger picture. I always feel very grounded after trying to interpret my relationship to my surrounding.
By giving you the technical and compositional knowledge, you too will be able to take control of your camera to create the types of images that resonate deeply with you.
Topics of conversation will include
- How to set up your camera
- Camera modes
- Raw v JPG shooting
- Composition techniques
- Depth of field
- ISO ratings and how it impacts on your images
- The relationship between aperture and shutter speed
- Lenses and their characteristics
How does it work?
Mornington Peninsula landscape photography workshops are two hours duration
We set aside a weekend and check the weather forecast on the wednesday before and pick the best evening and location to run the workshop
Three people join me to photograph a spectacular location and learn the technical and compositional skills required to create beautiful landscape photographs.
What do I get?
- First and foremost you get stunning images
- A fun-filled workshop with memories and images that will last a lifetime
- Knowledge: a greater technical understanding of what goes into making great landscape photographs.
- A PDF with course notes emailed to you a week prior to the workshop
- A packaged USB with course notes given to you on the evening of workshop
If the weather is so bad over the weekend that we cannot run the workshop you can either
- Reschedule to another workshop
- Receive a full refund
Your exclusive personalised 2 hour Mornington Peninsula landscape photography workshop is great value at $400
Places for scheduled workshops always sell out quickly so BOOK NOW securely and safely using paypal